So, today is Valentine's day and I'm still in Iraq. Lori sent me a box for Valentine's and it had all the fixin's for my 7-11 urges that I get. I had nachos with a can of nacho cheese and a Big gulp cup to fill and watch movie with. I got her a gift, but the mail is so slow that she probably won't get it for another 4 or 5 days.
The weather is warming up here. Today it's about 75 maybe 80 and it feels awesome. It's just right, not too hot with a slight breeze. I have a PT test coming up on Wednesday so I've got to get ready for that. I don't mind taking the PT test. It's easy. I max the push ups (75 push-ups in 2 minutes . . . I'm done in 1 minute) and sit ups (same thing) are easy for me. The run will be the interesting event. Since I broke my foot I can't run. I have a profile that says I am not to run and that I am to do the walk for the PT event. I know what you're thinking, "Walking for PT? I can do that!" Not so much. It's not too bad, but this is what it is: you have to walk 2.5 miles in less than 33 minutes. Keep that pace up for a 1/2 mile and your shins are burning. After a mile, it just goes numb. My cardio is fine, I have no problems with that. I'm just mad that I have to take the walk and that I can't run. Now I can't get a perfect score on my PT test. I guess it could be worse. So, now that I have that this week, I have to alter my gym routine so that my muscles get the right amount of rest before Wednesday. I hate that part. I want to be in the gym twice a day. I love it. I feed off of it. I am finally starting to build up this 13 year old prepubescent female body of mine into a highly tuned machine and I have to take 3 days off. Damnit. Just breath.
Work is still work and I still can't complain. We haven't seen anything too interesting lately. There are rumors floating around, (as always), and they sound good, but I am hesitant to believe them. Like I say with the Army . . . you never where your going until the day after you get there. My R&R leave is in April and I hopefully will see some of you during that time. We will see. They are talking of canceling my R&R and not letting me go. I can't get into details, but maybe the practical jokes weren't such a good idea. Seriously, it has nothing to do with the jokes. I wish you all the best and thanks for stopping by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Chad I hope you get your R&R!!! and I hope your foot is going to be alright soon!! good luck with the PT test, sorry you have to walk. Be careful and see you soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen, I hope I get my R&R too. If I don't, then I will just have to wait until we go back to Germany and request block leave to comeback to Logan for 2 weeks before I fly back to Germany and have my surgery. After they cut me I will laid up in my room for 30 days with my foot (up to my knee) in a cast and restricted to bed. This should be fun to watch because I will be on meds too. I did good on my PT test, thanks for the well wishes. Again, thanks for all that you do/ have done.
ReplyDeleteChad you are so welcome and ifthere is anything I can do for you or your fam please ask! HAppy you did good on your PT test!!!!! so sorry in advance for the pain and boredom youaregoing to go through whe nyou get your surgery, i want a video of you on heavy duty meds!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete