Monday, February 8, 2010

The Road I must travel . . . it's end I cannot see.

A week later and I'm kind of digging this blogging thing. This last week has brought nothing new to work. We saw a few little things, but nothing serious (thank goodness). I can't complain about my job, I love it. The docs are good to us and they train us to do everything. I've done everything from stitches and minor procedures to open heart surgery. Well, okay maybe not open heart surgery but some cool things none the less. As far as working out I've started two-a-days every other day. I will do one day just working out regular like for an hour and a half. the next day I do cardio in the morning and legs right after. Later, that same night, I will go back and do another body group. I've lost some weight (fat) doing this, but I've also managed to put on some good muscle weight. As I weigh in today I find that I fluctuate between 193 and 197, depending on the time of day. My goal is to reach 200 pounds. I think that would look pretty decent on my frame. I'm taking some supplements and eating right. For supplements I take Whey protein. This is a staple for muscle growth. I use the GNC brand for two reasons. One, it's cheap. Two, it's low in calories. It's pretty much the best of both worlds. It doesn't taste all that bad either. I also cycle off of NOS. the nitrous oxide allows for greater dilation of the veins so that you get more of the nutrients and oxygen that the body needs for growth. As far as diet I eat a lot of chicken. When I say "a lot", I mean a shit ton. It's metric, but it equals about 2 chicken breasts for lunch and 2 more for dinner. I eat fish when I can. I eat a lot of rice and I try not to use BBQ sauces or dips. To flavor the chicken and steamed rice I use lots of fresh lemons. I eat a ton of vegetables. My wife doesn't believe me, but it's true. I've come to like some veggies now. Cooked carrots and I are having a bit of a struggle still, but I think that there is a compromise in the works. I would post more pics, but my internet is as slow as a frozen turd. If you want pics I have them on Facebook. I can load them easier there.

I'm also going to school. I'm working on my Bachelor's in Psychology and Bachelor's in Social Work. In addition to that I'm STILL working on my RN. I thought that I would be done with that by now, but there are some glitches with my G.I. Bill that the school is tripping on. Soon enough though, soon enough.

My thoughts on getting out of the military are the same. I'm still planning on getting out and coming back home. The only thing that scares me is the economy. I've got a job that pays pretty well with more than enough chances for advancement. The only problem is that I would keep winning these free year long vacations. It's a trade off, but what the right choice? Hell, I don't know. I know that my kids don't want to move anymore. I don't want to move them. They just don't understand that we, as parents, must provide and sometimes that comes with a cost.

Well, I'm gonna go get some more at the gym. For those of you that actually read this, I wish you the best. Remember, NEVER EVER EVER give up on your goals. The road that you travel . . . the end you cannot see. It's slow and steady that will the race.

2 comments:

  1. Chad i am so glad you started this blog. I use whey protein also. after a week of not working out i am ready to hit the gym again. especially because my kids go to the daycare there. I love veggies, it's the fruit i don't eat a lot of. also try raw almonds for a snack. it helps cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad I'm with you on the veggie thing, I don't like many of them but I do love fruit!!!
    You have great words of wisdom, thank you for sharing!!
    Good luck with scool I hope everything gets worked out in your favor!

    ReplyDelete