Here it is. My beginning. As of this I am in living it up in Iraq with the Army. I could complain about all of the things that I miss (i.e. Taco Bell, 7-11 nachos, and Mandarin Garden), but I won't. I'm staying positive because complaining about those things won't bring them here. I don't have to mention that I miss my family and friends . . . anyone who knows me knows that those things are a given. During this "paid vacation" I have a few goals. One is to earn, or become much closer, to my degree and RN. It's harder than I thought because of work and missions and such, but I'm moving forward. Even if it is slow going, progress forward is progress still. Another goal is to improve my body and physical conditioning. Being in the Army has helped with that, obviously, but I want to improve upon that. I have great support in both of these categories and know that I can accomplish my goals. As long as I stay focused, I'll be fine.
Iraq, as crazy as it sounds, has some beautiful qualities to it. The sunrises and sunsets are amazing. Other than that it is flat and full of nothing. At night, it's as if the sky swallows you whole and you feel so small
Forgive me for I am a blogging virgin. I will keep you all updated and will have pics up soon to show the progress in my training. Thanks for tuning in and please return your tray tables and seats to their upright position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chad I love your blog!!! I think it's an awesome Idea! thank you so much for sharing! Your positive outlook is very inspiring and amazing!! Thank you!!!
ReplyDelete